Terms and Conditions
Revised 24 May 2018
The Trustee for Lifehouse Australia Trust ABN ABN 70 388 962 804 trading as Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is endorsed by the ATO as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
As a not-for-profit cancer hospital that relies on donations from the community, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is deeply grateful for the generous support of our donors.
Our Donor Charter has been created to assure you of the integrity and accountability of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
This is our promise to you:
- To treat you with respect.
- To always communicate openly and honestly.
- To effectively allocate all gifts to their intended purposes.
- To keep you updated and informed.
- To provide you with timely acknowledgement and recognition for your donation.
- To respect your right to privacy.
- To be held accountable to our vision, values and mission.
- To provide prompt responses to any questions you may have.
Donations of AU$2.00 and over are fully tax deductible but are not refundable. A Tax Deductible Receipt will automatically be emailed for all online donations of AU$2.00 or over provided a valid email address is supplied within a timely manner. Requests for duplicate receipts are accepted and will be fulfilled up to 7 days after the enquiry is made.
Please note that all monies donated to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse are used at the discretion of the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Board of Directors. The wishes of donors are, wherever possible, taken into account when allocating funds.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse will provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- Where a donation is made in error by the donor a refund will apply. A request for the refund must be made within 48 hours of the donation being made and the request to be made in writing. Examples of errors include where a duplicate donation is made or the amount was entered above the original donor’s wishes.
- Where a registration to a Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Fundraising event is made (not held by third parties) a refund due to cancellation can be requested up to 7 days prior to the event taking place. The request must be made in writing. Any requests made within the 7-day period will be subject to approval by the Director of Development. Any requests for refunds 72 hours prior to the event will forfeit full payment. Substitutes will be considered.
All transactions are in Australian Dollars (AUD$).
Transactions will appear on your credit card statement as Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Camperdown or COB Lifehouse (via Ezi) Camperdown.
Quality of personal information
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Due to the nature of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, all medical information is kept on a separate database to the Donor Database so there may be times when a donor is required to notify more than one area to update changed personal information.
Correction of personal information
Individuals are encouraged to alert Chris O’Brien Lifehouse of any errors or changes to their personal information as they become aware of them. Individuals may do this by mail to M5 Missenden Rd, Camperdown NSW 2050 or via email.
Security of personal information
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse stores donation information in both paper and electronic form. The security of donor information is important to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse and reasonable steps are taken to protect it from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Financial information is retained for the period of time determined by law and is disposed of in a secure manner. All credit card information is encrypted online and via payment gateways as mandated by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
Credit Card Fraud
Most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges that result from unauthorised use of your credit card, or may limit your liability to $50.00. In the unlikely event of unauthorised use of your credit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Online use of fundraising pages
For any users who choose to set up a fundraising page on the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse website, the following terms and conditions must be adhered to:
- Ensure that any content that is uploaded (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, racist or discriminatory to any group and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. (NB: copyright owner’s written permission from the owner must be obtained for any copyright protected material prior to it being used on this site)
- Not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, any interruption, damage or any other impairment to the site or access to the site. Not attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or to bypass the network firewall
- Not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation or send spam or junk email including any kind of competition or scheme
- Not use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access.
In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by email.
Users of this website agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the web site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This applies to any posting that could be termed as Sexual Harassment and/or Discrimination.
Internet Usage Risks
Users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network and ensure that all due diligence is taken to secure their computer system so it is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with the user’s software or data. This will potentially reduce any risk of the user’s data being illegally intercepted or viewed by third parties. Chris O’Brien Lifehouse accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with this website.
Restrictions on Use
The information on this website is protected by copyright. Except as expressly permitted by Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, the user must not reproduce, publish, adapt or communicate the information on this web site to the public.